Friday, March 30, 2018

Friday

I was up early, before my already earlier than normal alarm was set.  I am going to work earlier than usual (and because of half days, I was already going in 30 minutes before normal) because my sweet coworker and friend, Tina, had to have emergency surgery in a finger she had broken.  I hope she is feeling better today.  (You are very missed, my friend.  Feel better soon.)

The house is so quiet.  I usually have my mini me chatting my ear off in the morning but she stayed with Dakota last night so they can head to the Oregon Zoo today to experience taking care and feeding the giraffes.  It was a gift she received for her birthday and she is very excited.  (She had wanted to go in the day she could have cared for the sloths but it conflicted with a project due date and she refused to miss school.   It has been a very long time since I have been the only one awake on a school/work day.  Kelton is still snoozing as he decided to take the bus and sleep longer (smart boy!).

The fog is thick outside my window.  I can hear the birds singing their morning song, an occasional vehicle pass by in the road.  The tick tick of the clock is loud, which is odd as normally it just becomes part of the sounds of a home in action.  Even the cats are still sleeping.  Everything around me is so peaceful.

I'm drinking my second cup of coffee and wondering what the day will hold.

My body is sore and angry at me for making it do six hours of work in four hours.  But a mom does what she has to do to make sure her baby chicks are safe and taken care of.

Speaking of baby chicks, they will be with me every day for the next three weeks while D goes out of town.  I will have them over Easter for the first time in at least five years.  Back then, the Easter Bunny was alive and well, this time they both want to hide the eggs but neither wants to search for them.  Time, as it is known to do, keeps moving forward, changing everything in its path.

These are the moments when it hurts to be a single parent.  Back when D and I were together, we made each other Easter baskets of fun.  I haven't had an Easter basket since 2009.  I confess, I enjoy knowing I am thought about and valued and some times that means a happy basket filled with fun goodies and a chocolate bunny on top.  Or tulips delivered to my door.

I really need to start blogging again.  Somewhere besides here to ramble away.  So many words, all trying to find a way to be expressed.

I'm really glad it's Friday.  Happier still that next week is spring break (not so happy about "no work, no pay" but still...a week off feels indulgent.  I will happily take it.).

It's Good Friday (for those, like me, who believe, otherwise it's just Friday) and I wish you all a peaceful day.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm still out here, checking every once in a while to see if you've posted. Sending you good thoughts!
    Trudy's Mom

    ReplyDelete